Monday, March 27, 2006

Hello There

As my cousin Mr knee has decided he wants to be famous and do music reviews over at Mr Struthers site I thought I would show up to help with the movie reviews this week. Hopefully everything is good cause I get dizzy when i am upside down

The Door In the Floor

Combination coming of age/middle life crisis flick starring "The Dude" and Kim Basinger. Nice enough story but almost instantly forgettable. Thumbs in the Middle

The Dancer Upstairs

Really enjoyable thriller following a cop in South America tracking down the leader of revolution. Thumbs Up

Batman And Robin

More cod pieces and nipples, this is so much worse than I remember, every third line is an unfunny one liner. The only way it could be any worse is if the Batgirl suit had nipples on it. Thumbs Down

Ballistic: Ecks Vs Sever

Random blowing shit up and I didn't even like it as most of the action scenes are poorly shot and there isn't even a thread of a story to tie it together. Thumbs Down

Monsters, Inc.

Nephew was around and finally got him to watch something other than Shrek. Its Pixar so of course it's awesome, along with a bugs life its the one that people forget but I think its really underrated and probably better than Finding Nemo. Two Thumbs Up

Walk The Line

If you remember my Ray review you will remember that I said I hated biopics, where here is the exception to the rule. Follows Cash's life up to the night June Carter finally agrees to marry him. The performance pieces are wonderfully shot as the direction of them gets crazier and crazier as Cash gets more and more hooked on pills. the bits in between are funny and touching without becoming preachy which usually pisses me off in biopics. Two Thumbs Up

The Ringer

Beyond bad, watching this may retard you enough that you could enter the special Olympics. Thumbs Down

New DVD's

The Shield Season 2 - Best Cop show on TV

40 Year Old virgin - I don't think it is the hilarious classic some make out but was funny enough to warrant the £5 price tag I got it for

The 39 Steps - fantastic early Hitchcock thriller which leaves me with only a handful of Hitchcock's to collect

Butch Cassidy and the Sundance kid - classic

New CD's

Green Day - Warning - filling in the last couple of gaps in my green day collection

2 Comments:

At 1:20 am, Blogger Neil Struthers said...

Some may see a smiley face on that thumb.

I see a look of manic fury. He has pin-sharp eyes and a shifty-looking cuticle.

Truly I have seen none of the films you mention here, but I think I'll get ahold of Walk The Line when the time comes.

 
At 5:44 pm, Blogger Neil Struthers said...

You know what I'm doing right now? I'm eating that pastie of yours that was in the fridge.

And it is tasty.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home