Sunday, February 12, 2006

Full Steam Ahead

The room is now complete, pictures will follow when I finally tidy it up. I cheated a little and watched a film while I was waiting, but as it was crap I don't feel too bad in not waiting. All films will now be viewed with 5.1 sound in either the dolby digital or DTS format on a screen that's just a few inches over 7 foot diagonally. On with the reviews

Dead Man Walking

I am getting fed up with people relating good acting to good films, while the acting here is great the story bored me to the point where I can not even remember the details of it. Acting saved this, Thumbs in the middle

Batman Begins

Loved this at the pictures and loved it even more here, at the cinema I thought the pacing was slightly slow at the start, the films biggest criticism among those who don't like it, but it seemed perfect this time. Wonderfully dark and I like how it doesn't pander to the teen market like most comic book adaptations do in an attempt to make more money. Two Thumbs up

Unleashed aka Danny the Dog

Jet Li flick set in a Glasgow that does not have one Glaswegian accent. Action is disappointing but the story is slightly interesting, one that you enjoy while watching but wouldn't rush to watch again, Thumbs Up

The Island

Really enjoyed this and I don't know why, dialogue and story was poor, good actors were wasted and some of the action scenes were incoherent. Will probably pick up a copy when it goes cheap in the sales. Thumbs Up

Also watching - Series 1 of Arrested Development, finally thought it was time to make a dent in my TV on DVD backlog, this is the best comedy that almost nobody watches, just recently cancelled in the states cause the daft Americans don't get humour unless its spelt out. Boxsets are really cheap at the minute so I recommend picking them up.

New DVD's

24 Season 4 - a return to form after what I thought was a slightly disappointing season 3

Repo Man - Emilo Estevez, Harry dean Stanton and an alien in a car boot, great

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home