Monday, January 30, 2006

Withdrawal Symptoms

Right I haven't seen a film in about a week and a half now and I am starting to get the shakes and the end may not be in sight as the whole cinema room construction is going a lot slower than planned, mostly due to my shitty painting ability. The local cinema hasn't been getting any of the films that I want to see this month either so this isn't helping, bloody distribution company politics stopping them getting what I want pisses me off, but that's a rant for another time.

Answer to lasts weeks five pound question was "Revenge Of the Nerds", unfortunately nobody won, however I did find out that a remake is being made this year. Don't get me started on remakes, there is about 500 coming out this year and half are based on classic films, there remaking Suspiria for fucks sake. If your going to do a remake recycle a good idea you fucked up last time, like Howard The Duck or something.

Anyway to fill in for the lack of reviews I thought I would give you Neon Magazines (R.I.P.) 100 films you should see before you die. As they said themselves some are classics, some are poor and some are down right awful but you haven't lived till you have seen them all. So in reverse order

100. Citizen Kane
99. Up In Smoke

98. Blue Velvet
97. American Gigolo

96. The Trip
95.
Texas Chainsaw Massacre
94. This Is Spinal Tap
93. Beyond The Valley of the Dolls
92. Natural Born Killers
91. Repulsion
90. The Producers
89. The Haunting (original)

88. Freaks (1932)
87. Bonnie & Clyde
86. The Odd Couple
85. The Killer
84. Deliverance
83. Les Yeux Sans Visage
82. The Thomas Crown Affair (original)
81. Sweet Smell of Success
80. Superstar: The Karen Carpenter Story
79. Barbarella
78. The Last Boy Scout
77. Seconds
76. Pee Wee's Big Adventure
75. Shaft
74. The Parallax View
73. La Grand Bouffe
72. Kiss Me Deadly
71. The Great Escape
70. Get Carter
69.
Brazil
68. Harold and Maude
67. Usual Suspects
66. Dawn of the Dead (original)
65. Slap Shot
64. McCabe and Mrs Miller
63. Kelly's Heroes
62. True Romance
61. Live and Let Die
60. Enter The Dragon
59. Evil Dead II
58. My Favourite Year

57. Cross of Iron
56. Dr Strangelove
55. Do The Right Thing
54. Hustle
53. The President's Analyst
52. Scarface
51. Saturday Night Fever
50. Fast Times at Ridgemont High
49. T2
48. School for Scoundrels
47.
Chungking Express
46. Crumb
45. Towering Inferno
44. Manhunter
43. Das Boot
42. Halloween
41. Sleeper
40. Italian Job
39. Butch Cassidy and the Sundance Kid
38. Long Good Friday
37. La Cabina
36. Deep Throat
35. Menace II Society
34. The Jerk
33. Akira
32. The Right Stuff
31. Dirty Harry
30. A Clockwork Orange
29. Seven
28. Gimme Shelter
27. To Live and Die in LA
26. Man Bites Dog
25. Don't Look Now
24. Withnail and I
23. Blade Runner
22. A Bout De Souffle
21. Godfather II
20. Police Story
19. King of
New York
18. Trainspotting
17. Schindler's List
16. Aliens
15. One Flew Over The Cuckoo's Nest
14. Long Goodbye
13. Blood Simple
12. Caddyshack
11. Star Wars
10. Videodrome
9. Dark Star
8. Apocalypse Now
7. Good, Bad, and the Ugly
6. Exorcist
5. Peeping Tom
4. Planet of the Apes
3. Naked
2, Goodfellas.
1. JAWS.

All the ones in bold are the ones I have seen, I have some of the ones I am missing on my rental list or on my sky plus box waiting to be watched, however any one who can help getting a hold of the complete version of Deep Throat (I've only seen the more famous scenes ;-) ) or the real hard one to get a hold of SuperStar: The Karen Carpenter story let me know. The latter is banned everywhere due to not licensing the music, which has always been denied as the carpenter estate has never seen the funny side of the film, such as all the parts being played by ken and barbie style dolls. Hopefully by next week I will have seen something new and if your lucky I may post a few pics of my room.

EDIT 05/04/06

Naked and Dark Star now seen

8 Comments:

At 12:01 pm, Blogger Mark said...

I would like to add "Manos: The Hands of Fate" to that list. By Jaysus but that is bad. Or good depending on what their intentions were.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0060666/

A film this bad deserves to be seen. As Torgo would say; This film is really terrible, it's very entertaining, This film is really terrible.

Just noticed that it's title code in IMDB ends in 666...

 
At 1:32 pm, Blogger Neil Struthers said...

Show everybody your new projection screen!

 
At 10:00 am, Blogger Richard Brown said...

all in good time Nick Fury, all in good time or is it Snake Plissken, I heard you were dead

 
At 1:37 pm, Blogger Richard Brown said...

David Hasselhoffs Black, has he got that skin pigment disease that Michael Jackson has

 
At 1:37 pm, Blogger Neil Struthers said...

"Escape From Derry".

I can see it now.

Anyway, I think Nick Fury's officially black these days.

 
At 1:43 pm, Blogger Richard Brown said...

Wow it appears that my makeshift flux capacitor made of tinfoil and lolly pop sticks has worked as I was somehow able to make a witty remark to young mr Struther's comment before he made it. I plan to go into mass production at once and will now take preorders for a one of payment of 19.99 as an added bonus I will thrown in a free waffle iron

 
At 1:52 pm, Blogger Neil Struthers said...

It seems that your comment has been murdered by the resulting causality loop. It still ain't there!

 
At 3:01 pm, Blogger Richard Brown said...

Look with the eye thats not covered with the patch, its right there above your insane claim that Nick Fury is black, said mistake may also have been made by looking at Mr Fury with the eye patch eye as well

 

Post a Comment

<< Home