Sunday, January 01, 2006

Best Films of 2005 (Part 1)

Here are my fifteen favorite films from this year that I have seen so far, there are another potential 30 or so that may make the final list when I get round to seeing them. So in no order only alphabetical

1. A Very Long Engagement
2. Batman Begins
3. Brotherhood
4. Charlie and the Chocolate Factory
5. History of Violence
6. King Kong
7. Kiss Kiss Bang Bang
8. Ong Bak
9. Sideways
10. Sin City
11. Star Wars Episode 3
12. Team America: World Police
13. The Life Aquatic with Steve Zissou
14. Wallace And Gromit in the curse of the Were Rabbit
15. Wedding Crashers

My only disappointment with the list is that there are not many surprise entries for me. 1, 2, 4, 5, 6, 9, 10 , 11, 12, 13, 14 are all from directors who's work I love so I expect good work from them. Asia always kicks up a few films I love hence 3 and 8. 15 was a bit of a surprise but the actors involved have been putting out funny comedy's for about 5 years now. The only surprise was Kiss Kiss Bang Bang which Warners buried for some reason, so probably passed most of you bye but I expect it to be a huge hit on DVD, I recommend you see it as soon as possible.

4 Comments:

At 10:38 am, Blogger Neil Struthers said...

This is only part 1!

Went to see King Kong there a couple of days ago - what a show! I wasn't expecting much to be honest, but it was fantastic. Three hours of oversized-animal-battling-goodness.

 
At 7:54 pm, Blogger Richard Brown said...

yeah part 1. the second and final part will be up in July when I have seen everything that needs to be seen from last year. this is the list as it stands from what I have seen so far

 
At 5:32 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I think I'll leave messages on your blog from now on. You won't make me go away, right? You won't BREAK MY LITTLE HEART, right?

WE'LL BE FRIENDS FOREVER, RIGHT?

 
At 5:32 pm, Blogger Neil Struthers said...

Watch it Richard, she's a crackpot.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home