Saturday, December 03, 2005

Hello and welcome to "Das Movie Blog", you see what I did there I used the German word for "the" instead of the English version, it makes me sound sophisticated and gives you the impression that you will discover information about sophisticated foreign fare. As can be seen from the first movies commented on you are slightly wrong, I do like the sophisticated foreign fare but have a disturbing preference for the shite.

Anyway on to the meat and veg, the plan for this blog is to let people know the movies I watched each week and my eloquent thoughts on their worthiness. I will use the thumbs method of review. Thumbs down for crap, thumbs in the middle for blah, thumbs up for good and the rare and godly two thumbs up for classics.

New arrivals on the DVD and CD front will also be provided, the really sad people out there can spend there time noticing the large amount of time between me actually receiving a new DVD and then actually watching it. Enough already on with the show.

Slow week this week due to work and a TV backload so only two movies and what fantastic fare they where

XXX2- The next level

I have a soft spot for the original as I have a weakness for films that blow shit up for no good reason. However the sequel in the UK claims to be "the next level", if this is the next level then the first level must have been a cess pit as this is shit, that's all you get as I don't want to waste any more time on this film. Who would have thought Ice Cube could have been in something so bad? Thumbs down

Flight Plan

Film is a loose remake of Hitchcock's "The lady vanishes" which is one of the few Hitchcock's I have not seen. This one stars Jodie Foster whose character has a mans name as the original casting choice was Sean Penn and the writers were too lazy to come up with something else when they shifted gender. Any more information will spoil the film as the plot is paper thin, I can only say I was entertained enough for 90 minutes but have no desire to watch it again. Thumbs in the middle

New DVD's
Lots this week so brief descriptions
Batman Movie anthology 1989 - 1997 - Interested to see if I can watch Batman and Robin without stabbing my eyes out
Blow - Good real life drugs movie with Johnny Deep
Elf - Will Ferrell is God
Assault On Precinct 13 - The remake, falls into the blows shit up for no good reason category
The Faculty - I have mixed feeling about this but it was cheap and i am rounding out my Robert Rodriguez collection
King Kong - the original, comes in a tin, i am a sucker for fancy packaging at inflated prices
The Deer Hunter - Deniro, Walken, Russian Roulette, all that needs to be said
Peeping Tom - Just watch it, a little seen classic
The Phantom - really cheesy comic book movie starring Billy Zane, I have a soft spot for really cheesy comic book adaptations
Aeon Flux Boxset - contains all the shorts and the series plus more, looks like a really good set

New CD's
System Of a Down - Hypnotise - Just a step below mezmerize, but still better than most new metal released this year

that's it for now, I'll try to be back once a week with updates and may go on the odd rant in between.

Edit: now with added spell check, things will be the death of me

2 Comments:

At 1:51 pm, Blogger Neil Struthers said...

You've been discovered.

And you're now linked-to from The Megatonne Marble.

And the appropriate email has been circulated, notifying key parties.

And how long will it be before Das Movie Blog devolves into a rant-fest? Or will it be heralded as the next big thing in blogs, and get awards, and whatnot? Time will tell.

 
At 4:57 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Why can you not have some graphics showing the "Thumbs Up" or "Thumbs in the middle" etc. or if Graphics are not supported then use a colour on the text indicate the score Like "Thumbs Up" in green and Orange for "Thumbs in the middle" and red for "Thumbs Down" - You have to think of the power users - basically I just want to know what is good without reading too much ;-)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home