Tuesday, January 23, 2007

Best Of 2006 Version 1

I think I did a version 1 last year promising a version 2 which never came for a couple of reasons
1. I forgot
2. Apart from Howl's Moving Castle I didn't really see anything worthy of the list

This year there will be a version 2 as due to losing my free cinema privileges I only saw 53 of the films released last year, thats down about 40 on my average and there are currently 69 more I want to check out. So heres a top 10 in alphabetical order from what I did see, stayed tuned to find out what stays and what gets added.

A Bittersweet life
Brick
Cars
Mission Impossible 3
Munich
Sympathy For Lady Vengeance
The Host
The Matador
V For Vendetta
Walk the Line

The Host

Korean monster movie/viral epidemic film starring the awesome Kang-ho Song. Unlike all the hollywood garbage monster movies its funny, scary, unpredictable and good without having to be bad to be good. Best seen without knowing much more than this, so check it out if you can. Thumbs Up

Friend

Another korean flick, this time following four friends over a number of years showing how the decisions they make effect there outcome in life, as two become successfull when they choose to go to college, while the other two become gangsters eventually ending up rivals. Thumbs Up

Walking Tall

Not the shitty Rock starring remake but the average Jon Don Baker original. Based on a true story which I never realised, it would have been a lot better being 30 minutes shorter as the story is too thin for the time spent on it. Thumbs in the Middle

The Cincinnati Kid

Steve McQueen poker classic, according to the imdb Sam peckinpah was originally supposed to direct which I think would have been interesting. Rather strangely he was fired for wanting to add nudity to the film, the actress to be used was future Manson family victim Sharon Tate, maybe there is a lesson there. Thumbs Up

New DVD's

24 Season 5

2 Comments:

At 2:24 pm, Blogger Neil Struthers said...

V!agra! Get your Vi@gra here!

 
At 2:31 pm, Blogger Neil Struthers said...

Please note that when the above comment was made, this post was crawling with other advertisements for a range of unsavory things.

I thought I'd get in on the action.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home